Sunday, April 29, 2007

Tokio Hotel

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Tokio Hotel are to Scandinavia what Panic! At The Disco is to America. Only, well.. Worse.

They are the kind of band designed to make 13 year old girls wonder why they were not born and raised in Germany, while they desperately try and convince their friends that yes, they are in fact all boys, and NO they are not gay my god people are stupid

Their music is actually really really boring, which was something I must admit I wasn't suspecting. Bands who look that akward usually make music that in some shape or form is interesting(interesting not necessarily meaning good). But it isn't. It really isn't. The leadsinger seems unnaturally focused on forcing his voice into sounding juuust angsty enough to make us believe that he is in fact suffering, whilst still sounding rough enough for us into believing that we are listening to a rock-band, not some whiny highschool garage-band. Even though we actually are, just on a bigger scale. Also, I swear to god that I have heard every single one of their catchy guitar-riffs somewhere before. All their lyrics were actually German at first, but they are now in the process of trying to take over the English-speaking world by translating all their German songs into English.

Enjoy:

6 comments:

Zani said...

is there such thing as worse than panic at the disco?
this reminds me I really should make a panic post.

Gabbi said...

posh + bjork = that guy

Anonymous said...

I have never heard any of their songs and am going to try and continue to avoid that particular torture. Seeing that guys hair all over the internets is bad enough :(

BTW Germany is not in Scandinavia.

Elin Tóra said...

anonymous, i know, but I live in Scandinavia, and they are seriously all the rage over here

Anonymous said...

not in my part of Scandinavia... I only knew about this band because of a friend of mine who is obsessed with finding weird things and then loving them to death. Her latest fad is Audrey Kitching.

Anonymous said...

(btw, I'm not the same anonymous as the first one.. :P)