Friday, June 15, 2007

~*tHe UsEd*~

Back in 11th grade through a little bit of 12th, I liked the Used. I wasn't a die hard fan, I didn't go to any of their concerts, nor own actual copies of their CDs. I realized they were considered shitty by music snobs, and that only 15 year olds liked them. But I listened to them and enjoyed what they had to offer.

I can no longer justify my like for them. Their new album (which I don't remember the name of, not that it really matters) is God awful. Their single, Liar Liar, is cheesy as hell, and not in the good Children of Bodom way. The ending, especially, where Bert whines "Liaaaar, liarrrr, pants on fiiiiire, hanging from a telephone wiiiiire" made me embarrassed for them. I literally blushed when I heard it. I expect growth from musicians. Hell, even From First to Last matured a little. The Used, instead, regressed.

Youtube video of Liar Liar (not the music video):


Youtube video of another stupid song, Wake the Dead (the footage is from an equally bad movie, Land of the Dead):

Note the lame ass 80s wail near the end.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A+ i have always hated this fucking band. bert needs to take a bath and get treated for stds.

terrrrrible said...

Comeback Kid should stomp all over The Used for putting a bad name to "Wake The Dead".

Anonymous said...

True.Very True.

Please do something on Paramore btw - They're so annoying and boring.